October 3, 2012

Inspiration Scramble | Hollywood & Parisien Nostalgia

Happy October! Inspiration Scramble is the new feature where I share with you all of my favourite links, articles and inspirations. Inspired by all the link love posts, I realized I spend sooo much time on the internet and come across some many gems it would be a shame to waste them. So I'm going to share the best of them here with you guys!

• Not one but two very beautifully illustrated zines about Paris. These illustrations from Priyanka Pandit make my heart ache and ache for Paris. When I was a student and very frivolous with my money, I used to go to there every summer, one time I even spent a week wwoofing in the South of France. Hats off to Iveta K for the tip, she's also an illustrator and a beautiful one at that.

• Just Tell Me That You Want Me. A roaster of cool hipsters team up to cover my favourite band Fleetwood Mac on this tribute album. I'm especially slayed by the Best Coast song. Via my friend Esther.

• Greta Garbo is the best, and why Kirsten Stewart is my favourite. Scandals of Classic Hollywood and Friday Bargain Bin are my favourite features on Jezebel.

• The legendary photographer Cecil Beaton was a compulsive scrapbooker. Did you know that? He'd be a star Pinner if he was around these days.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Cool retro letterheads from everyone you've heard of.

• The Gloss on why it's so hard to bring your own lunch to work like a big girl.

• Danielle Meder, one of my favourite blogger and illustrator on the joys of the unplanned career.

• An Andy Warhol quote for artists who are feeling discouraged.

 

2 comments:

  1. "make my heart ache and ache for Paris"

    It was a very special time for me too...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Makes my day to know that you read my blog.

      Thinking of you,
      Kits

      Delete