October 3, 2012

Inspiration Scramble | Hollywood & Parisien Nostalgia

Happy October! Inspiration Scramble is the new feature where I share with you all of my favourite links, articles and inspirations. Inspired by all the link love posts, I realized I spend sooo much time on the internet and come across some many gems it would be a shame to waste them. So I'm going to share the best of them here with you guys!

• Not one but two very beautifully illustrated zines about Paris. These illustrations from Priyanka Pandit make my heart ache and ache for Paris. When I was a student and very frivolous with my money, I used to go to there every summer, one time I even spent a week wwoofing in the South of France. Hats off to Iveta K for the tip, she's also an illustrator and a beautiful one at that.

Just Tell Me That You Want Me. A roaster of cool hipsters team up to cover my favourite band Fleetwood Mac on this tribute album. I'm especially slayed by the Best Coast song. Via my friend Esther.

Greta Garbo is the best, and why Kirsten Stewart is my favourite. Scandals of Classic Hollywood and Friday Bargain Bin are my favourite features on Jezebel.

The legendary photographer Cecil Beaton was a compulsive scrapbooker. Did you know that? He'd be a star Pinner if he was around these days.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cool retro letterheads from everyone you've heard of.

The Gloss on why it's so hard to bring your own lunch to work like a big girl.

Danielle Meder, one of my favourite blogger and illustrator on the joys of the unplanned career.

An Andy Warhol quote for artists who are feeling discouraged.

 

2 comments:

  1. "make my heart ache and ache for Paris"

    It was a very special time for me too...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Makes my day to know that you read my blog.

      Thinking of you,
      Kits

      Delete