August 9, 2013

This Month I've Been / July

vintage floral beaded leather wallet
Vintage shopping in Mong Kong, where I picked up this little beated vintage leather wallet. I bought two and I'm selling one and using the other, $28 including worldwide shipping if you're interested! Holla for more photos.

Kitty N. Wong / sketch of George Lois's book Damn Good Advice
Reading snappy inspiration books. I feel like I need to hear at least 5 motivation speeches everyday to get anything done. My friend Helene lent me George Lois's Damn Good Advice, and I'm also enjoying this great talk by Seth Goldin on doing things without permission.

2010 entry to EcoChic Design Awards
Digging things out of the archive. I've been really enjoying posting my old work every Throwback Thursday on Instagram. It's awesome looking at old things and reminding yourself that it's all a process and that you are learning something new each time. This particular one comes from an entry two years ago for the EcoChic Design Award, this is the one from last year. 

scrap paper for testing out paint swatches and paint strokes
Painting fashiony things and playing around with collage.

Kitty N. Wong / Sketchbook live sketch of Whampoa Promenade, Hung Hom.
Live-sketching at Whampoa Promenade.

Lettuce sprouts in toilet paper roll, VSCOCAM
Planting lettuce babies which aren't doing great since we've had a crazy amount of rain here in the last few weeks. I grew the seeds in toilet paper rolls.

Kitty N. Wong / Hong Kong Ballet dancer live sketch
Sketching ballet dancers. I sort of snuck into the Hong Kong Ballet's practice after realizing the HK Museum of Art was closed when I tried to go last last Wednesday. I got kicked out after a little while but it was all much better than the museum anyways.

Cloud dog in sky with painted face
And lastly, Dog says have a nice weekend!

Follow me on Instagram for daily updates.


No comments:

Post a Comment