July 16, 2014

June TMI / This Month I: Got Back to the City

Kitty N. Wong / London Skyline
On my very last day in London I spent the afternoon wolfing down scones and chamomile tea at the top floor restaurant at the National Portrait Gallery, it's got one of the best and most interesting views of London, looking towards the Thames behind Trafalgar Square.

Kitty N. Wong / Gold Trimmings
Feeling super inspired and creative from my trip in London, I wanted to make sure that I had a fabulous outfit to wear to The Golden Age, Duddell's 1st Anniversary Party. I went to Sham Shui Po, HK's sewing district to find fabric and trimmings and made my own costume, a gold lame qi-pao. I felt like THIS is how a young girl should live, like a F. Scott Fitzgerald adaption of Cinderella staying up into the wee hours to sew my own dress for the ball. Check out the final look here, complete with gold flakes under my eyes. Gold Dust Woman!

Kitty N. Wong / Xu Bing Sketchbook
 Sketches from the Xu Bing exhibition at Asia Society, read the full blog post here.

Kitty N. Wong / I will not just be a tourist in the world of images
"I will not just be a tourist in the world of images" - Anais Nin. Practicing hand-lettering which is always fun and easy.

Kitty N. Wong / London scrapbook
Organizing my London-trip sketchbook, a pressed daisy, the flowers were ubiquitous on the sidewalks and in the parks all over the city. An art nouveau sticker from my favourite fast-food joint LEON's, and a ticket stub from Chatsworth House.

Kitty N. Wong / thai chicken curry illustration
 Working slowly (but not even all that surely) on my London zine.

Kitty N. Wong / Repulse Bay Landscape Drawing
Spent an accidental afternoon at the beach, that's one of my favourite things about this cosmopolitan city, as cramped as the highrises are you are never too far from nature. This is Repluse Bay, a 20 minute bus ride from Central.

Kitty N. Wong / Grlue Girl
Just some loose sketches, since being back, maybe because it's the humid summer but I've had a hard time finding my daily rhythm and routine again. Doing little drawings without any purpose in mind always helps me feel better.

If you liked this post, make sure to follow me on Instagram for daily updates: @kittynwong


No comments:

Post a Comment