May 25, 2013

#ZigWisdom / Seeing Farther

watercolour drawing of girl on mountain with binoculars
"Go as far as you can see, and when you get there you will always be able to see farther." --Zig Ziglar

This is #84 from Zig Ziglar’s list of 100 Things I Learned on My Way to the Top from my series with Brianne Garcia.

I've been thinking about this idea a lot lately since this year I want to take my illustration career farther, do bigger projects, make better work and really get myself out there. But sometimes our goals feel so loose and so large, so intimidating and you don't know where to start since you don't really know where you are going.

My mantra is this: Take whatever project is being offered to you, email people if there are no projects (try people you already know if it's easier), start there. Start anyway, start here and go as far as you can see.

Process:
picture of process drawing with moonrise kingdom movie still
On the left is my first draft. I kept the drawing which was inspired by this scene in Moonrise Kingdom, and added a background and changed the hand lettering. Hope you like it and godspeed on your journey.


No comments:

Post a Comment