June 15, 2013

Inspiration from the Art Supply Store / Girls in Calligraphy Pen

Gwen portrait in marker and gouache / Kitty N. Wong

Mary portrait in marker and gouache / Kitty N. Wong

Lolita portrait in marker and gouache / Kitty N. Wong

Stella portrait in marker and gouache / Kitty N. Wong
Some new sketches I did last night. I've been thinking a lot lately (even more than always) about developing more of a personal style. I've been working on my new portfolio site with my amazing graphic designer friend Belinda Love Lee. Launching in 2 weeks (fingers crossed!)!

I feel like I draw things everyday but when I look at it all together I just feel like it's not as good as I want it to be and lately I've just been making things that are really pretty and cute and rather safe, things that just don't really excite me. That's okay too, but when I saw it all together I just realized that's not who I want to be.

Last night I went to the stationery store near my place and bought a few new pens and I always feel so inspired after I get new materials. I spent a few hours before bed making these in my sketchbook, I'm excited about, I feel like they're more me. Kind of back to basics as I used to be only like drawing with markers when I was in university. I made these using a new calligraphy pen I just bought and then added colour with gouache.

If you're interested, these prints are all available for sale on my Society 6 Shop.

No comments:

Post a Comment