February 26, 2013

Sketches from LFW | Elegant Bondage at Eilish Macintosh

Eilish Macintosh bondage dress illustration
Eilish Macintosh. Pencil and Photoshop.
 
Someone keeps searching for "elegant bondage" on my blog (whoooo are you? Tweet me!) so I'm giving them what they want today. Also this is my first post and illustration from my brand spanking new iMac! And it's inspired by this year's Central Saint Martin L'Oreal Bursary Award winner Eilish Macintosh. Congratulations to her!

It was a very conceptual collection of long sleek jersey dresses with hangman's loops, bondage ropes and cutout accents.

Eilish Macintosh bondage dress collage
Instagram via @thelovemagazine
The jersey dresses are especially elegant when viewed from other angles, especially from the back.

Nobuyoshi Araki kimono colour photograph with dinosaurs
Image from Phaidon
The collection reminded me of Japanese photographer Nobuyoshi Araki who often features women in shibari/kinaku (Japanese rope bondage) so I kept his images in mind when doing this illustration.


If you enjoyed this post consider supporting me by subscribing or sharing this post on Twitter, Facebook or Google+. Thanks! 

3 comments:

  1. I would have never thought that shibari bondage style could ever become something fashionable. But I guess designers have this hedge of creativity which makes it happen, thanks for sharing ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. After fashion's love affair with punk, we can hardly be surprised where fashion takes inspiration from! Plus shibari is quite aesthetic in itself. Thanks for commenting :)

      Delete
  2. and by the way, if you need shibari rope for any bdsm purposes you can get them on the bondage shop www.bdsm-stores.com

    ReplyDelete