December 8, 2014

Sketches / Pradasphere

Kitty N. Wong / Pradasphere Sketch
Kitty N. Wong / Pradasphere Sketch
Did you know Lorde was in town? Playing a secret concert for the opening of Prada's new exhibition Pradasphere in Hong Kong? No? Me either, but don't worry us plebes still got the chance to check out the fabulous exhibition housed in a temporary but glorious structure on top of Pier 4 in Central.

You've never seen the Lamma Island pier look so glamourous, the whole building got a Prada makeover with 'Yue Shue Wan' proclaimed in white letters on a sleek black background. And when you step inside onto the lush black and green checkered carpeting you are transformed into Miuccia's world and the brand's history starting from the 1970's onwards.
Kitty N. Wong / Pradasphere Sketch
If it's one thing I love it's visiting fashion exhibitions.
Here's a few of the sketches I made at the exhibition, I love doing quick sketches while looking at the real thing it makes all the difference in making drawings with a lively immediate quality. After I got home I added a thin wash of colour in gouache and watercolour.
Kitty N. Wong / Pradasphere Sketch

Kitty N. Wong / Pradasphere Sketch
All these Prada shoe prints are available for sale on my Etsy shop, I'm also selling the set of original little sketches too, email me if you want to cop those.

Click through for the [IMG HEAVY] post with all the delicious photos from Pradaphere, warning-- you'll want to buy all the things.


Kitty N. Wong / Pradasphere Pamphlet
Print nerds rejoice! The exhibition booklet was super gorgeous: embossed gold ink on black paper with the pages all stitched together in black thread.

Kitty N. Wong / Pradasphere Hong Kong
Kitty N. Wong / Pradasphere
Kitty N. Wong / Pradasphere Shoes
 Leaves? Christmas lights? Whatever I'll take ten pairs.

Kitty N. Wong / Pradasphere - Jeanne Detallante bags
Kitty N. Wong / Pradasphere
Faces on things? That's literally my favourite thing, I even say that on my Pinterest bio so you know I'm for realsies. The Jeanne Detallante collaboration is one of my favourites (but I say that every season).

And last but not least may I present: WALL OF SHOES! This is what heaven is like, except there's no glass and back and foot pain isn't real.

Kitty N. Wong / Pradasphere Lucite Shoes
Kitty N. Wong / Pradasphere Shoes
Kitty N. Wong / Pradasphere Shoes
Kitty N. Wong / Pradasphere Shoes
Kitty N. Wong / Pradasphere Shoe Illustration
The prints are available on my Etsy shop TheMarrow, they'd make a gorgeous set framed for a girls room or the bathroom where tiny prints always look good in.

And as always, make sure you subscribe, and if you loved this post please help me share it by clicking the social media buttons below!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment